We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe during COVID-19. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow activites of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidence that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies' recommendations.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You'll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- Upon arrival, we ask you to use our hand sanitizer station.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children's toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- We recommend upon arrival to remain in your vehicle and text/call our office and we will let you know whenever our team is ready for you. If you find that to be not practical for you, you are welcome to wait at our reception area. Just be aware that our maximum capacity for our reception area is two patients at a time.
- We understand that many of you have been waiting in anticipation for your treatment to be completed and delivered. Your safety and our staff's safety remains to be a priority. Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you're offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment. We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
- We ask you to please honor our NO companion policy. Companions will be permitted in our waiting room for extreme exceptions only and must be pre-approved before arriving.
Our hygiene department will start accepting patients back for their routine hygiene appointments effective 05/20/2020. Please feel free to call/email our office when you are ready to schedule your appointment.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (407)706-7000 or visit our website at www.midtownmoderndentistry.com.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
George Sonbol and Team